Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

On the Cruise.


On The Cruise

It was a cloudy day. Hot and humid climate of Goa in the midst of April. The day was exhausting and so our decision to go on a cruise, over the Mandovi River was exhilarating, a pleasant relief from the scorching heat.
We took the 6.15 pm. ride. On boarding the vessel, we had the great experience of sailing over the water. As it is a usual habit to travel by road or rail. The overwhelming change brought us utmost pleasure.
The machine started and the vessel began to drift away from the shore. Slowly, majestically, heaving heavily, as if it was so delighted to go to the lap of the deep sea, its home. Where it found its warmth, peace. Where it really belonged and as if the shores were only for it to slog on. It made me feel as if the vessel was so much delighted to go into the waters.
As the cruise set to sail over the pristine waters, the passengers on the vessel began enjoying the music and dance on the deck, organized by the crew. Live music, orchestra, blowing sound along with traditional Portuguese dance, made the environment for true celebration. Shaking to the tunes, clapping, laughing, creating euphoria, that no one on board could resist. The old, the young, all full of joy.
Enjoyment on board and natural scenic beauty in the background, or rather all around set a complete atmosphere of happiness.
Oh! What a delightful experience.
Though there was a lot of noise all around, my love for nature and my fascination for the deep sea, kept me out of the entire bustle. Though I was enjoying the music, my subconscious mind experienced a strange serenity, absorbing the perfect beauty around. I felt as if I was alone on the cruise.
The deep, green, calm waters enchanted me so much. Oceans, seas, waterfronts always make me feel that I belong there. There between the silences, the calm, the peace. I stood at the edge of the deck and stared continuously below, noting each movement of the crests and the troughs, the direction of the waves, the lush green forests along the banks on both sides. As if in a trance, it made me go blank, dumbfounded. The picturesque view, the perfection of it all, imbibed into my soul, creating never ending impression on my heart. Nothing else around mattered to me at all. I was lost.
We clicked beautiful pictures of the lovely memorable spots, of other cruises sailing around, yachts, ancient landmarks, etc. to capture those lovely moments we were present there.
It was with my daughter that I had this great experience. And she too, quietly enjoyed the magic of it all, moving to the beats of the music.
What if it was only for an hour!
As the limited timing for each round brought us back to the shore. Those 60 mins. gifted us moments of eternal bliss, of infinity, of the presence of that perfection, that spiritual power around that can only mesmerize you.

No comments:

Post a Comment