Pages

Friday, December 1, 2017

On the Cruise.

On the Cruise.
It was a cloudy day. Hot and humid climate of Goa in the midst of April. The day was exhausting and so our decision to go on a Cruise over the Mandovi River was so exhilarating. A pleasant relief from the scorching heat.
We took the 6.15 pm ride. On boarding the vessel, we had the great experience of sailing over the water. As we normally travel only by road or rail. The change was pleasant and overwhelming. As the machine started, the vessel began to drift away from the shore. Slowly, majestically, heaving heavily, as if it was delighted to go into the lap of the deep sea, its home. As if it was eager to find peace and happiness, calm and relaxed as we do in our homes.
As the cruise set out to sail over the deep waters, the passengers on board began enjoying the music and dance on the deck, which was organized by the crew. Live music, orchestra, blowing sound along with cultural dance made the environment like that of some celebration. Swaying to the tunes, clapping, laughing, and creating a euphoria that no one on the vessel could resist. The old and young all full of joy.
Enjoyment on board and natural scenic beauty in the background set a complete enchanting atmosphere. Oh! What an experience.
Though there was a lot of noise all around, my love for nature and my fascination for the deep sea, kept me out of the entire bustle. Though I was enjoying the music, my subconscious mind was lost, absorbing the strange serenity, the perfect beauty all around. I felt as if I was alone on the cruise.                                                          The deep green, calm waters enchanted me so much. Oceans, rivers, waterfronts, always make me feel that I belong there. I stood at the edge of the deck and stared continuously at the Sea, the lush green forests lining the banks on both the sides. As if in a trance, it made me go blank, the picturesque view imbibed into my soul, creating an eternal impression on my heart. A feeling of emptiness, of deep silence, of peace and perfect beauty. Nothing else around me mattered at all. I was lost. I was the sea.
We clicked beautiful pictures of the lovely memorable spots, of other cruises sailing around, of yachts, landmarks, to capture them in time. It was with my daughter that I enjoyed the great experience with. She too was lost in the magic of it all, moving to the beats of music.
What if it was only for an hour?

 As the limited timing for each round brought us back to the shore. Those 60 minutes, gifted us moments of eternal bliss, of infinity, of the presence of that perfection, that spiritual power around that can only mesmerize you.

No comments:

Post a Comment